24/7 Help for Survivors
Since June 14, 2005, The Cocoon has been a beacon of hope for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, their children, and even family pets.
Since opening our doors as strictly an emergency safe shelter in 2005, we have grown to become Wood County’s only comprehensive domestic and sexual violence agency serving Wood, Ottawa, Seneca and Sandusky counties.
Our advocates provide support and advocacy to all survivors, regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, religion or socio-economic status. Free and confidential services are provided to those experiencing domestic violence and sexual violence including rape, sex trafficking, stalking and harassment.
To access services 24/7 call 419-373-1730 and select option #2.
- $1,616 to support emergency safe shelter for 16 days for a family fleeing abuse
- $1,016 to support children’s programming
- $616 to support 24/7 crisis coverage
- $216 to support prevention programming
- $116 to supply 12 meals for a family in shelter
- $56 to support our Safe Pets shelter program